The root chakra is the first chakra in the prana body system. It’s located at the base of the spine. Because of its earth energy, the feeling of grounding and safety is associated with this chakra. In Sanskrit, it is known as the Muladhara chakra and its red in colour.
Physically, it governs the lower part of the body, which includes the lower spine, lower back, sex organs, bladder and kidneys, predominantly the adrenal glands.
Psychologically, it rules our survival instincts, will power, sense of confidence, security, safety, flight or fight mode.
Mentally, the root chakra is masculine, outgoing, dynamic and forceful (at times). If you suffer from procrastination this red chakra enhances focus, will power, enthusiasm and clarity in goal setting.
Emotionally, the energy of anger, frustration, is associated with the root chakra.
Spiritually, the energy of passion, progress, change, revolution and movement is amplified. As we know by now, red is an action colour.
Signs and Symptoms Your Root Chakra needs cleansing?
- You’re constantly feeling sluggish, irritable, stuck*
- Prone to obesity, inflammation and eating disorders.
- You suffer from anxiety and/or depression.
- You easily lose focus (also connected to a higher chakra).
- You’re quick to anger and resentment.
- You procrastinate and lack of enthusiasm.
- You’re stubborn too, resistant to change and one-pointed.
- You are suicidal/lack the will to live
- You are constantly stressed or overwhelmed.
- You are insecure and live on survival mode
- You’re fearful, confused, accident-prone, worried and uneasy
How to heal your Root Chakra:
- Consume root chakra healing foods, eg potatoes, beetroot, beans, carrots, basically all earth grown foods
- Start meditating more, this is a very effective tool for grounding.
- Cardio, dance, just get moving. A healthy physical body is a healthy prana body.
- Declutter, I personally realized that clean and organized spaces create positive mental and emotional outcomes.
- Create an intimate connection with the earth, walk barefoot, start gardening, swim in the sea/river.
Secrets connected to the Root Chakra:
Red is a powerful colour, it carries with it prosperity, manifestations and Goodluck. So if you’re looking for a raise or desire more financial freedom, health and abundance. You now know what to do, book your energy healing session today.